It is your first 5K run and you can already feel the butterflies in your stomach. As this is your first time, naturally you do not know what to expect from it. Eventually, you will figure out the course of action once you start participating in more runs. Meanwhile, you can just train and give your best to avoid any long-term injuries. After all the hard work and perseverance, trust me, it will be worthy. Carry all the required essentials with you so that you donât need to worry after the run. First 5K is generally like the first day of school, both exciting and challenging. Here are 5 things to expect from your first 5K run:
- Nervousness: Like mentioned earlier, it is going to be like your first day at school. You will find many first timers like you and well-sculpted sprinters. Chances are that you may feel inferior seeing these experienced runners but worry not, you too will reach that level of perfection. You may even see that people younger than you are running faster, anyway, that should not let you down. There is a huge probability that you may not finish within the expected time and that is totally okay as this is your first run. Buckle up for the next run!
- Walking: You may end up walking much more than you thought of. Many people will tell you that it is not okay to walk as you may cease your running speed. As this is your first run, you are allowed to do so. But do not make this a habit as it may lead to more walking than running a 5K. Some people run more and walk less and vice versa happens too, eventually, you will realise that the experienced runners walk too. Just do not get too comfortable walking.
- New Run Buddies: As you start running, you will make new friends who are newbies like you. The participants who run at a pace similar will become your friends eventually. You can then go ahead and make your own running clan thereafter. You also get so many new people to speak with and encourage you to participate in more runs.
- Fatigue: This being your first run, it is obvious that you may feel tired. Even the next day you may feel sluggish and lazy but eventually, your body will get habituated with this process. The tiredness would slowly turn into happiness and you will start feeling like a pro. It is essential to have good food and sufficient amount of water to get rid of the feeling as soon as possible. Ensure that you have rested properly before the next run.
- Immense Pride: You will definitely feel a lot of emotions once you are done with the 5K run. This will help and push you further to take part in other runs. Celebrate this victory, it may seem very little to you now but the effects of celebration will reflect in your upcoming run too. Go ahead and treat yourself to this feat!
These are few effects of your first 5K run although, you may feel much more than these five points. Let us know what you feel after you participate in #Hustle5K. Hurry up!