Vertical jumps, lunges, and split steps- Badminton is one of the most fast-paced games, requiring the players to make quick movements and constant direction changes. While playing this game , the last thing you want to worry about is your aching feet or the risk of injury.
A pair of good badminton shoes is indispensable to maintain this agility.
It is evident from a fact that shoe companies spend millions researching and developing the best badminton shoes for men. But, with so many options available in the market, it is easy to get confused.
Worry not! This blog will help you solve the confusion.
In this guide, you will learn the benefits of owning the right badminton shoes for men, followed by options from the premium range of best Yonex Badminton Shoes available in the market that will help you make an informed choice.
Benefits of a good badminton shoe
Many badminton beginners erroneously play in their running or training shoes. Although it is true that sports shoes have similar characteristics and may look the same to the naked eye, the reality is that each shoe is designed carefully according to the game that you are playing. They also don’t offer the required foot support and may lead to serious injuries, not to mention, hampering your chances of winning the game.
Let’s take a look at some reasons why you shouldn’t play without appropriate badminton shoes for men:
They help prevent injuries
Badminton is a sport which requires you to make rapid movements. These movements especially involve the ankles. One of the main reasons why you need badminton shoes for men is because they offer ample ankle support and prevent it from twisting. This
They are more comfortable
When you spend hours on a badminton court trying to firm up your game, the last thing you want is to feel edgy because your shoes are uncomfortable. Badminton requires you to make movements such as dashing, jumping, and sprinting, all within seconds.
The best badminton shoes for men offer a great deal of comfort by cushioning your feet, especially areas such as your heels and ankles. This prevents soreness and blisters. prevents painful ankle injuries and the possibility of missing games.
You can be more agile in the court
The key to winning a badminton game is your agility. This sport requires you to move around the court with good strength and speed. You need to change direction and speed in a matter of seconds.
The best badminton shoes for men are designed to let your feet get a good grip without letting you slip while making quick movements.
You feel more confident
One of the keys to winning a game, be it badminton or any other sport, is to feel confident about yourself and knowing that whatever movements you make, you will be safe from injuries .
Good quality badminton shoes instil that confidence in you. They offer anti-torque support and ensure that you are confident in moving on either sides.
Another benefit of investing in the right pair of badminton shoes is that they help in shock absorption while you make rapid movements. By absorbing this shock energy, they help your feet feel relaxed and offer comfort even during the most intense game sessions.
How to choose the perfect pair of badminton shoes for men?
Now that you know how vital the right badminton shoes are for preventing injuries and perfecting your game, let’s look at some considerations for choosing the best pair of shoes:
One of the most important things to consider before buying badminton shoes for men is that they should be non-marking. This simply means that the shoes that you buy don’t leave scuff marks on the surface of the court.
The soles of these non-marking shoes are made with soft rubber to prevent them from scratching the surfaces that they come in contact with. The rubber sets up a firm grip on the synthetic surface, and also reduces your chances of slipping, falling and twisting an ankle.
One of the best ways to know if your shoes have non-marking soles is to look at their colour. Usually, light brown or clay-coloured soles mean that they are non-marking.
While playing badminton, players are required to make jumping and landing movements. Lack of adequate cushioning in the shoes may lead to serious injuries or you losing your game.
Cushioning helps allow your feet to land properly while absorbing any shock arising from the rapid movements. The best badminton shoes for men are those that have soft and thin cushioning, which allows adequate movement of your feet.
Another important consideration before buying badminton shoes is their flexibility. There are two types of flexibility that you should look at. They include:
- Twisting flexibility: A flexible insole ensures that your shoes allow lateral movements while playing. If the shoe doesn’t have adequate twisting flexibility, your ankle becomes susceptible to injuries.
- Vertical flexibility: Before buying badminton shoes for men, consider how much the shoe bends from the toe box. This is because this sport requires you to bend your toes several times. If your shoe lacks vertical flexibility, its pasting may detach during the game.
The shoe’s weight
The weight of the shoe is an essential consideration which can make or break your game. Since badminton is an extremely fast game, wearing heavy shoes may limit your agility and flexibility. This may leave you tired with decreased stamina to enjoy the game.
The ideal weight of badminton shoes for men is between 250-330 grams.
Why are Yonex badminton shoes perfect for acing your badminton game?
Yonex is a name synonymous with badminton. This Japanese brand produces top-quality Yonex badminton shoes for men, along with rackets, shuttles, and game outfits.
Since it was established in 1946, Yonex has changed how badminton is played. Whether it is the latest technology, price, or the level of your play, Yonex offers shoes for every purpose.
That’s not all, a series of the best Yonex badminton shoes fulfil all the above-mentioned characteristics, which help you get the best out of your game.
There are several types of Yonex badminton shoes available in the market. All have different purposes and features. This may leave you confused, and you may end up buying the wrong pair.
To avoid this, we have rounded off some of the best Yonex badminton shoes with comprehensive details about them.
Yonex Badminton Shoes Precision 2 Black Grey
- The shoe comes with Tru Cushion Technology. This provides maximum shock absorption and high recovery from rapid movements.
- The shoe is contoured perfectly to offer you maximum stability and comfort.
- It has a Hexagrip Sole, which allows more agility and stability in your footwork. This sole is almost 20% lighter than the standard soles available and offers 3% more grip.
Price as of now: INR 2,990
Yonex SHB 50 EX Power Cushion
- Amongst the best Yonex badminton shoes, this option comes with a Power Cushion. This technology allows the shoe to return to its original shape quickly after receiving a shock and allows for lighter footwork.
- Scientifically created, this shoe has Ergoshape to offer more stability and comfort, especially in the toe area.
- It has a Double Raschel Mesh, which offers better breathability and less sweat.
- It has a non-marking outsole, which doesn’t damage the badminton court and creates optimum friction between the shoe and the playing surface.
Price as of now: INR 4,499
Yonex SHB 57 Ex Non-Marking Shoes
- One of the top-performing badminton shoes Yonex, the SHB 57 Ex, has a Hexagrip that allows you to gain a secure grip and traction on the court, helping you move easily and choose your shots better.
- The shoe has a Double Raschel Mesh technology that keeps your feet cool even after hours of playing.
- This shoe comes with superior upper design technology, which allows smoother footwork and maximum comfort for a great game.
Price as of now: INR 7,399.
Yonex Hydro Force 2
- One of the most unconventionally designed and classified as the best Yonex badminton shoes, this shoe offers superior comfort, fitting, and shock-absorbing ability.
- A unique feature of this shoe is that it is made using minimal stitching. This reduces the possibility of errors during movements and improves your game significantly.
- Its True Cushion Insole and TRU Support technologies offer extra support at the front of the foot and offer better landing area support. This especially comes in handy when you make quick movements in a high-intensity game.
- The shoe comes fitted with a carbon sheet to offer maximum support for your feet’ central and outer portions.
Price as of now: INR 3,125
Yonex Badminton Shoes Dual
- Listed as one of the best Yonex badminton shoes, this shoe is created using TRU Shape for maximum comfort around the toe area.
- It has a TRU Cushion moulded insole for better support during high-intensity rebound movements. It also allows for quick compression recovery.
- It has a SNACK Back Action Carbon Sheet to offer better support under and outside the centre of the foot. This technology doesn’t allow your ankle to twist during rapid movements.
Price as of now: INR 3,250
Now that you know a range of the best Yonex badminton shoes, it is time to get a pair and begin playing your game. Just walk around and jump in them before buying them to ensure they fit you well. If you are looking at bettering your performance and superior comfort and stability at the same time, come begin your journey.