Badminton is a sport that requires agility and precision in reflexes. What makes a huge difference to this is the quality of the racket you use.
A badminton racket is much more than just something that you toss the shuttle around with. Often considered to be an extension of the player’s arm, a good quality racket is crucial for your success in the game.
With multiple options of badminton rackets available today, searching for the best one may consume a lot of time, especially when you have a fixed budget.
This guide eases your selection. We have rounded off the best badminton rackets under 5000 and important things to consider before investing in one.
Continue reading to know more.
How to choose the best badminton racket for intermediate-level play?
A good quality badminton racket helps you play with speed and accuracy. It also helps prevent injuries by reducing undue stress on your shoulder, wrist, and arm.
It is your closest ally that can make or break your game. This is precisely why a badminton racket must be chosen carefully. Each racket has its unique features, which cater to different kinds of playing styles.
Some key considerations include the weight, flexibility, and balance of the racket. Once you narrow down on these, you can filter your choice based on your budget.
Let’s look at these factors in detail:
The weight of the badminton racket is a very important factor that decides the power of your swings and the speed that you will generate on the court.
The letter ‘U’ and a numeric sign denote the racket weight. The smaller the number, the higher the weight.
|80-84 grams||85-89 grams||90-95 grams||95-100 grams|
Single intermediate-level players prefer 2U or 3U rackets for their stability. Doubles intermediate players prefer 4U for adding more speed to their game.
The balance of the racket is also an important consideration, which is determined by knowing where the maximum racket weight is concentrated. You can place your finger in the middle of the racket and observe how it tilts. It will be either of these:
- Head-heavy rackets are heavier on the top. They are perfect for delivering powerful long-distance shots.
- Headlight rackets are lighter on the top and are used in high-speed power shot exchanges.
- Even-balanced rackets offer a middle ground and strike a balance between power and control.
The racket’s material determines its durability. Those made in aluminium and steel are popular for their cost-effectiveness. Although expensive, Graphite and carbon fibre rackets offer supreme durability and great performance on the court.
Every badminton racket lies on the spectrum of stiff to flexible. Let’s take a look at how they are classified according to their flex levels:
- Flexible rackets offer better speed and power and are perfect for slow-arm players.
- Stiff rackets are more suitable for intermediate and pro-level players who play powerful and fast swings.
Best choices of intermediate-level badminton rackets under 5,000
Now that we have answered the question of how to choose a racket for badminton, we will help you choose the best badminton racket according to your skill level.
Here is a list of the best badminton racket brands offering superior power and control available at an affordable price of INR 5000.
Yonex Duora 77
One of the best badminton rackets for intermediate players, the Yonex Duora 77 is a head-heavy and well-balanced racket.
- This racket comes in two frame sides (box and aero). These frames optimise the speed and strength of the player tremendously.
- It has an isometric head shape, which helps you deliver powerful shots with better control.
- It has medium flexibility allowing you to shift seamlessly between shorthands and backhands.
- The weight of the racket is 80-85 grams, and has a grip size of G4.
Current price: INR 4,349
Li-Ning Wind Lite 700
Li-Ning, the best badminton racket company, lives up to its name by creating rackets to help players play a powerful game. It is head-heavy, allowing intermediate players to play fast shots and enjoy its tremendous smashing power.
- The racket is made with extra-strong carbon fibres for better durability and strength while playing.
- It has a 7.0 mm tensile strength, preventing anti-torsional and allowing smoother power transmission between two quick shots.
- The racket is flexible and comes with a grip of S2. (S2 grip is comparatively larger in size than others)
- It belongs to the Wind Lite 700 series and is a very lightweight racket weighing only 78 grams.
Current price: INR 3,289
Yonex Nanoray 7
Coming from the best badminton racket Yonex, this ultra-lightweight racket is perfect for players who love to make fast and quick moves on the court.
- It has an aerodynamically designed Aero+box frame, which minimises air resistance. This helps you make high-paced swings with more power and accuracy.
- Its shaft is made with Nanomesh and carbon nanotubes. This makes the frame more elastic and tough.
- The racket has an isometric head shape to help players respond quickly without missing any shots.
Current price: INR 3,150
One of the best badminton rackets for intermediate players, Apacs Z-Ziggler, is a head-heavy racket perfect for players to make attacking shots.
- The frame of this racket is designed on the TSP (Triple Speed Platform). This technology helps players add more power to their shots.
- It has a super slim shaft of around 6.4 mm in diameter, which comes with Nanopreme technology. This ensures better durability than other rackets. The racket is also more stable and allows players better control and flexibility.
- The frame and shaft of the racket are built with Hi-modulus graphite for better repulsion power.
- Its strings have high tension capability to bear force up to 38 lbs.
Current price: INR 2,399
Yonex Muscle Power 55
One of the latest additions to the Yonex Muscle Power series, it is specially designed for players who make fast shots on the court. One of the best badminton rackets under 5000, this is a robust racket with a high repulsion power.
- The racket comes with the latest grommet pattern. This pattern offers more holes for a better stringing pattern.
- It has an isometric head shape that easily optimises the cross and top strings. This helps players handle their shots easily.
- Yonex Muscle Power 55 has a built-in T joint. This technology adds to the torque of both the shaft and the frame and allows for a better power transfer between the shots.
- This is one of the few rackets in the markets made using high-resilience shock-absorbing materials perfect for offensive gameplay.
Current price: INR 3,787
APACS Assailant Pro
One of the best badminton racket brands, APACS developed this racket, especially for the former world number one Ko Sung Hyun. In line with Hyun’s playing style, this racket is preferred for its better rigidity, speed, and power.
- The racket has an isometric head frame, equalising the strings’ length. This enlarges the sweet spot for the players to hit the shuttlecock consistently and accurately, especially while playing off-centre hits.
- It has an extra slim shaft, which allows for quick energy transfer during powerful shots.
- Its Aero Box Frame gives the racket a solid feel. This technology makes it more wind resistant for better air swing speed and higher smashing power.
Current price: INR 4,999
Yonex Arcsaber 7
A fantastic badminton racket for intermediate players launched in 2022. Made by the best badminton racket company, Yonex, this racket is preferred for its unique technologies and structure.
- The Yonex Arcsaber 7 comes lined with a pocketing booster frame. The lining is done with a proprietary material, which enhances the frame’s flex elasticity for a better shuttle hole performance.
- Its box frame gives it extra stiffness and solidity to manage shuttle impact.
- The racket has a slim shaft design for better torque strength and freedom for the player to handle all kinds of shots.
Current price: INR 2,994
Li-Ning G-Force Superlite Max 9
One of the best badminton rackets under 5000, this one is preferred by intermediate-level players who love to play powerful smash shots without compromising on the durability and stability of their racket. Often known as the lightweight giant slayer, this racket is perfect for helping you take your game to the next level.
- It comes with a high-string tension technology, which allows the racket to take almost 32 lbs of tension for excellent propulsion.
- Its Aerotec Beam System is an additional feature that makes its frame more aerodynamic. This makes it resistant to the wind allowing the player to hit rapid drive shots.
- The racket has a dynamic optimum frame, which moves the hitting point higher up on the racket. This allows the player to develop a better defence and attack system.
Current price: INR 2,090
Mizuno Swifter SP76
The latest racket from the Mizuno stable, the Mizuno Swifter SP76, is perfect for intermediate-level players to ace their game. The racket is loved for its range of neon colours and the strength and refinement that it adds to your shots.
- The racket has a tapered shaft of 6.5 mm at its T-Joint. This allows players the best possible flexibility on impact while minimising the shock on their shoulders and wrist.
- Its Aerogroove technology increases the tenacity of the racket’s frame without letting the strings slip during play.
- One of the best features of this racket is its hexagon frame for increasing the swinging speed of the shots.
- Its frame is made with the ‘Hot Melt Tech’ for a smoother surface and stronger surface, increasing the racket’s velocity.
Current price: INR 3,750
These are the best badminton rackets under 5000 that you can consider. Remember to thoroughly review all their features and specifications before purchasing. Join us today if you are looking to improve your game with an improved blend of accuracy and power.