TENNIS COURT DIMENSIONS | Tennis is a high-intensity game and it requires a good amount of strength and mental power to sustain in a competitive match. Apart from that having good knowledge about the court helps you utilize the space better.
To begin with any game, it is extremely essential to understand the basics of it.
Here are the dimensions of a Tennis court:
- Court Dimension: Doubles: 78ft. * 36 ft.
- Single Court Dimension: 78ft. * 27ft.
The lines of a Tennis court:
- Baseline: Doubles 36 feet and Singles 27 feet. The line runs parallel to the net and shows the widest distance of the court.
- Center Mark: 4 inches long, the line divides the baseline into two halves and runs perpendicular to the net.
- Service Line: 27 feet wide.
- Center Service Line: 42 feet long, 21 feet long on both sides of the court.
- Singles Sidelines: 39 feet long.
- Doubles SIdelines: 39 feet long.
The areas of a Tennis court:
- Left and Right service box: 21 feet x 13.5 feet
- No man’s land: 18 feet x 27 feet
- Nets: 42 feet x 3.5 feet high at the post, 3 feet high at the center.
- Net Posts: 3.5 feet tall and no more than 6 inches wide
Tennis is a beautiful game to watch and play once one understands the basic rules and techniques. Having a fair knowledge about the dimensions help too.