What is Deep Tissue Massage?
A technique that has been used from years to deal with physiological & physical stress and now proven to be effective in curing various muscle & joint pains.
A deep tissue massage is known for reducing pain & discomfort caused as a result of muscle tension.
What does it do?
With focus on the deepest layers of the muscle tissue, it lengthens & releases the muscles that are stuck in an uncomfortable posture for a prolonged period of time having therapeutic effects that can treat chronic muscle tension, relieve strain, injuries in the joints, tendons & treatment of major muscle groups like lower back, neck which are usually strained post an intense workout session.
How to do Deep Tissue Massage?
A deep tissue massage is done using deep finger pressure with strokes that are firm & slow for the purpose of rehabilitation.
While performing this massage, there is slight pain because this massage uses movements against the muscle rather than moving with them. However, the end purpose is resolved by giving the muscles a relief from
An intensely played sport gives your body adequate levels of fitness & blood circulation but takes a toll on the body with some muscle cramps, stress in the joints, back. The most effective, chemical-free solution to this would be getting
Why is it the most recommended massage for sportsperson?
- A sportsperson faces constant injuries that restrict his/her ability to perform. A deep-tissue massage in such cases prompts the production of mitochondria (an energy cell) that builds muscle, boosts recovery time & surpasses the pain
- Regular deep-tissue massages increase a sportsperson’s flexibility by actively breaking down tightness around muscles stretching out the muscle fibre & breaking down the scar tissue.
- Improves blood circulation especially important to athletes/sportsperson. It does so by expelling toxins & absorbing fresh blood & oxygen that lead to a better state of mind while performing sports & also increases the oxygen levels allowing better breathing.
- Deep tissue massage enables better sleep by reducing stress & enabling better relaxation. Most important for athletes because the better quality of sleep allows quick recovery time.
- Prepares the body for self-healing naturally.
- Breaks the scar tissue promoting agility and allowing better flexibility to play any sport.
Apart from these a deep-tissue massage is also helpful with reliving chronic back pain, lowering high blood pressure having a positive impact on systolic & diastolic readings, reduce arthritis, relieving stress, increasing the oxygen supply in the body, better mental health, reducing labour pain & ease of delivery. Basically, all your physical ailments seeking a treatment – DEEP-TISSUE massage is the step 1 solution.
Dittoapp – an online platform providing spa services in Bangalore & Hyderabad offers 450+ partner deep-tissue massage at locations like J.W Marriott, Meraki, Rejuve by Lalit Ashok, Bodycraft etc.
Book with them at pocket friendly prices & the best wellness holistic experience.
Just for Playo subscribers, they are giving away a special offer! Rs.200 flat off on the 1st booking!!
Yes, you heard that right. Rs.200 flat off on 1st booking. Just use code “DITTOPLAY” at the check-out to redeem this offer. Book your holistic relaxation experience today: www.dittoapp.in
(dittoapp also available on app – Android & iOS)
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of our Company, partners and other organizations. While any information provided on our blog is true to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the veracity, reliability or completeness of the information presented. Any advice or opinion is purely for information purposes and should not be construed as an alternative to professional advice.0