Ultimate frisbee or just ultimate is a non-contact sport that is played with a flying disc AKA frisbee. It is a competitive and exciting sport that acts as a great form of exercise as it includes running and jumping faster, harder and higher than those around you.Frisbee includes both offensive and defensive strategy that requires fast-paced play and is filled with little nuances that apply to everyday life. Source.
Here are a few life lessons that can be learned from playing ultimate frisbee:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously! : The main goal of playing ultimate frisbee is to have fun. Sometimes in life, we take everything way too seriously and forget to just have fun.
It encourages the players to do what they love and what brings them joy. It helps the players apply the quote “if I’m not having fun, then I’m doing it wrong” into their life.
- Adapting and Adjusting: A player has to adapt and adjust to the environment and give it his best shot. A player has to play efficiently no matter how strong the winds are or how slushy the ground is.
This lesson teaches the player to overcome all difficulties in life and strive to all ways do their best.
- Finding your people: Most of the people that play ultimate frisbee play it because they feel a unique sense of community with the other players. This motivates the players to play the sport continuously and also enriches their entire experience.
It encourages the players to form bonds with the people around them.
Having people who believe in you around you helps in the enriching and uplifting of your life general by enhancing your self-esteem and self-image.
- Think with a clear head: An emotional player cannot think clearly and smartly. Their decision-making skills become flawed and the way they play their game becomes inefficient. Thus, players are always encouraged to play with a clear head and to curb their frustration or high emotion.
- Moving on: Players often make mistakes and mess up while playing but they have to brush it off quickly and continue with the game. There is no time to sit and dwell on the mistakes or mishaps.
Brooding on about past events is not fruitful and does not help the individual.
These are a few life lessons that can be learnt from playing ultimate frisbee. This sport acts as a unique way of bringing people together and having them connect over a shared experience.
This sport impacts lives and gives the players something to take back. The lessons learnt in the field can be used to improve the overall quality of life of the players.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of our Company, partners and other organizations. While any information provided on our blog is true to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the veracity, reliability or completeness of the information presented. Any advice or opinion is purely for information purposes and should not be construed as an alternative to professional advice.