The classic football has taken many forms and one of them is the 7-a-side. The ground dimensions have changed and along with that a few rules? Let’s drive in and see the changes we need to embrace.7-a-side can be slightly more tiring than 5-a-side but the fun is unmatched.
Let us take a look at the dimensions of the pitch:
The recommended dimensions of the pitch are:
- Pitch Measurement: 55 meter long by 36 meters wide.
- Penalty Shot: 8 meters from the midpoint of the goal line.
- Centre Spot: Centre of the pitch, radius 5 meter.
- Goalkeepers area: Forming a rectangle of 9 meters long and 16.5 meters wide.
- Goal Post: Height 1.83 meters and 3.66 meters width.
Rules of 7-a-side:
- There is no offside rule.
- The goalkeeper is only supposed to pass the ball to other players only using a hand.
- Headers are allowed.
- The goalkeeper may only kick the ball if he wants to save it.
- Charging tackles are awarded a yellow card.
7-a-side has seven players on each team and the game is played for 60 minutes with 15 minutes break. The rules are similar to 5-a-side and even this is played as an informal game.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of our Company, partners and other organizations. While any information provided on our blog is true to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the veracity, reliability or completeness of the information presented. Any advice or opinion is purely for information purposes and should not be construed as an alternative to professional advice.